Semi-custom WordPress themes with all our best technology — available now!
Compete with the biggest sites, but at a fraction of the price.
Once your site gains traction and starts generating revenue, you might wonder about the next step. Should you keep using an off-the-shelf theme until you can save up tens-of-thousands-of-dollars for a custom theme? Or should you settle for a bargain basement agency? Is there an option that strikes a balance between the two without compromising on technology?
Introducing Cultivate Go: filling the gap between off-the-shelf themes and expensive custom themes.
Cultivate Go is our brand new semi-custom theme design and white glove site setup. You choose one of our core themes—which we customize with your logo, brand colors, and typography—and then we set it up on your staging environment and launch your site in just 1 week and for only $5,000.
Since Cultivate Go is built with Cultivate Pro, you’ll have the exact same features, functionality, and support as themes costing up to 10x as much. That means your Cultivate Go site can compete on an even technological playing field with bloggers who have millions of monthly pageviews.
Sign up to schedule a call below to talk with us about your site!
Meet the team
Jamie leads the design phase of your Cultivate Go project. On your initial call she’ll learn about your website, explain Cultivate Go, and walk you through our theme options. After the call, she’ll create mockups with your logo, brand colors, and typography on the Go themes you selected.
After you approve a design, you can select the build date for your new Go theme.
Kari leads the development phase of your Cultivate Go project. She’ll build a semi-custom theme that matches your approved design and set it up on your staging site. She’ll do a plugin audit and configure your key pages (Home, Recipe Index, About, and a Cultivate Category Page). She’ll also answer any questions you have as you test out your new theme, and when approved, she’ll push the new site live.
What makes Cultivate Go different?
Showcase your brand
A semi-custom theme
made for your brand.
We’ve included ample opportunity to make every Cultivate Go theme completely branded just for you. Naturally we can drop in your logo, but since all our themes are built with the WordPress theme.json configuration file, we can easily change dozens of stylistic aspects—colors, fonts, and more—to truly make it your own.
All the features at a fraction of the cost.
Cultivate Go themes have the exact same features and functionality as our Pro and VIP themes that cost up to 10x more. Plus, every Go theme includes our white glove site launch where we rebuild your site in staging, audit your plugins, update all settings, and seamlessly launch your new site with no downtime—exactly like our costlier services.
Our best Technology
Our best technology
All CultivateWP themes are fast, secure, easy to use, feature-rich, and well-coded. We absolutely refuse to compromise on the quality of our technology.
That means Cultivate Go themes are just as fast, secure, easy to use, feature-rich, and well-coded as our traditional Cultivate Pro and VIP themes—but at a fraction of the cost.
All CultivateWP themes including Cultivate Go are:
Designed how your audience sees it.
Universally accessible, regardless of abilities.
Created following SEO expert guidance.
Fully tokenized from design to code.
Thoroughly utilizing the WordPress block editor.
Built the right way with WordPress standards.
Designed & developed to be uncommonly fast.
Core Web Vitals
Able to pass Core Web Vitals with flying colors.
Included with Cultivate Go:
Cultivate Category Pages
Cultivate Category Pages enables you to turn normal category pages into content-rich curated landing pages that not only rank better in search engines but are also more helpful for your visitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cultivate Go costs $5,000. The majority of sites do not require any additional out-of-scope work, but the ones that do typically have 1-2 hours of additional work to build new features or resolve technical issues with their current site. Out-of-scope work is completed on an hourly basis ($250/hr in 15 min increments).
We’re typically available to start Go projects immediately. Most clients have their new site live within two or three weeks after their initial call with us.
In comparison, Cultivate Pro costs $16,000. Our Pro waitlist is typically around 2 months, and once the project is started it usually takes 4–6 weeks to complete. The scope of work, features & functionality, technical solution, white glove site launch, and post launch support are identical between Go and Pro. The difference is with Pro we create a custom design just for you, while with Go we select an existing design and style it to match your brand.
Most Go sites are launched within 3-5 business days after their Go Build date, which is why we say it takes one week to complete. Here’s a summary of the entire process:
1. You schedule a Go design call with one of our designers to learn about how our themes work and select one or two Go themes that might be a good fit for you.
2. Within a day or two after the call, our designer shares some mockups showing your selected Go themes with your logo, colors, and typography.
3. Once you decide which theme you’d like us to build, you select a “Go Build” date. You can usually find a date within the next few days.
4. On the scheduled Go Build date, you implement a content freeze (ie: no new posts or edits). We’ll build your new theme, copy your site to staging, set up the theme and key plugins, and customize the homepage + recipe index. This typically takes 1-2 business days, so if you selected a Monday as your Go Build date, you’d have it ready for review by end-of-day Tuesday.
5. You can review the staging site and customize the content. Once you’re happy with the site, we will push it live, replacing your current live site (hence the content freeze).
Cultivate Go is a semi-custom theme while Cultivate Pro is a fully custom theme—the difference is in the design.
With Cultivate Go ($5k) we start from an already built Pro theme and customize the logo, colors, fonts, and more—then begin the white glove site launch. You’ll have all of the common features & functionality all bloggers need but with a pre-built design that’s branded for you.
With Cultivate Pro ($16k) we design a custom theme just for you starting from 175+ pre-built design patterns. You’ll have all of the common features & functionality bloggers need but with a design that’s uniquely your own.
A new logo & brand often goes hand-in-hand with a website redesign. We have three branding services, depending on your needs.
• Logo Refinement ($1,000) If you already have a logo you generally like but it needs a bit of cleanup before your site redesign, this is the plan for you. We’ll redraw your logo to vectorize it and then create 4 or 5 additional variations of the logo for you to choose from. We’ll also create a Style Guide with a complete set of brand colors and typography that compliments your logo. This is usually the best option for bloggers who like their existing logo but need technical improvements to it.
• Standard Brand Package ($4,000) A 1-week redesign of your logo where we’ll create 3 new text-based wordmarks for you to choose from, optimized for web use and accessibility of course. While it won’t contain an illustrative logomark (think the Target logo, or the Nike Swoosh) it will communicate your brand name in a succinct and professional manner. You’ll receive a new logo in a full complement of file formats plus we’ll create a Style Guide with a complete set of brand colors and typography that compliments your logo. Includes two rounds of logo revisions which is usually plenty, but you can add on additional rounds (hourly) if you’d like. This is usually the best option for bloggers who want a refresh but don’t want to lose their valuable brand equity.
• Full Brand Package ($10,000) An intensive month-long design process where we’ll create a completely new illustrative concept for your brand—optimized for web use and accessibility, of course. You’ll receive an all-new logo in multiple orientations, new supporting graphical elements, a Style Guide with a complete set of brand colors and typography that compliments your logo, and a shareable brand guidelines booklet (PDF) along with your logo in a full compliment of file formats. Includes two rounds of logo revisions which is usually plenty, but you can add on additional rounds (hourly) if you’d like. This is usually the best option for bloggers looking for a complete, comprehensive rebrand.
Of course if you’re happy with your current logo, we’re more than happy to keep it! Many successful bloggers, especially those with a rich site history, don’t want or need to change their logo. We absolutely do not require you to rebrand your site for a new theme. We also don’t require you work with us for a new logo or rebrand. We’ll happily work with whomever you choose and can provide guidance to make sure they create something that works well with your new theme. Heck, we’ll even recommend some logo designers for you if you’d like!
Every website we launch includes Standard Support, which is very straightforward. Need something? Maybe a new block, or perhaps style revisions? Any kind of creative work? Just email us! We only charge for actual time spent performing design/development work—that means no ongoing monthly retainers, and no invoices for time spent on emails or calls. We also offer a higher level of support called Cultivate Care.
Many of our clients also use a tech support company like NerdPress or iMark Interactive. If that’s you, continue to reach out to them for your regular tech issues; they’ll escalate any theme-related issues to us.
One more thing: when it comes to major WordPress releases you might consider reaching out to us for a white glove theme update. Since the introduction of the Gutenberg block editor, WordPress changes can be rather dramatic as new features and functionality are added. In those cases it makes sense to have your theme creator address breaking changes to the theme itself. With our white glove service, we’ll copy your site to staging, run the updates, and correct any breaking changes to the theme.
With Cultivate Care you’ll automatically get white-glove updates for every major WordPress release, as well as proactive improvements to your theme.
Every designer & developer serving the high-traffic, ad-supported blogging space should deliver beautiful, fast, accessible, mobile-first WordPress themes using the block editor. Those are the table stakes!
What makes us different is our technology implementation.
First, our designers and developers work hand-in-hand through a fully tokenized design system. We use shared JSON code in both design and development that matches 1:1 with the new WordPress theme.json configuration file. Unlike a simple UI kit, every element and component in our design system has a corresponding code snippet. Our designers understand how development works because they use the exact same tools and functionality as our developers! That means they create speed-optimized designs that help our developers build themes that pass Core Web Vitals with flying colors.
Second, our Cultivate Category Pages feature is the gold standard when it comes to adding curated content to WordPress categories. Some other theme builders have pieced together similar functionality but they’re rarely coded well. Our Cultivate Category Page implementation does it the up-to-date WordPress way, meaning you won’t have duplicate content that disrupts SEO, and you won’t have to use out-of-date technology like widgets.
Third, and most importantly, we fully utilize the block editor. That means the back end editor matches the front end—line for line, image for image, font for font—so what you see truly is what you get. That also means we bring the block editor to just about every manageable part of your site. With a CultivateWP theme you’ll not only edit your posts and pages with the block editor, you’ll also manage your home page, Cultivate Category pages, sidebars, after-post comments area, above-footer area, and even more.
We’re able to do all of this because we do things the WordPress way. No tricks, hacks, or shortcuts.
We’ve launched hundreds of WordPress websites. Here are some Cultivate Go sites in our portfolio.